News and Updates
- Submit Multiple Clinical Claim Appeal Requests Online – one claim appeal request for multiple claims for same patient using Availity Claim Status tool
- Availity® Essentials Claim Status Tool Update
- ClaimsXten™ Quarterly Update Reminder on or after August 22, 2022. Code updates may include additions, deletions, and revisions to CPT and HCPCS codes
- Managing Diabetes – closing care gaps
- BCBSOK to Recommend Preferred Drugs through Enhanced Prior Authorization Effective 8/1/22 to improve member access to more affordable care, will begin recommending some preferred drugs over other drugs through medical policies when clinically appropriate
- Postponed: New Lab Policies and Laboratory Benefit Management Program
- Current Procedural Terminology® (CPT) Codes Updated for Prior Authorization for Medicare, Effective July 1 To be reviewed by EviCore: addition of 1 outpatient sleep code, addition of 2 outpatient specialty drug codes, addition of outpatient specialty drugs Susvimo, Cortophin, and Vyvgart.
- Pharmacy Program Updates: Quarterly Pharmacy Changes Effective April 1, 2022 – Part 2
- New ‘Message This Payer’ Option Coming Soon Via Availity Essentials: An electronic method to send secure messages to BCBSOK for commercial claim management questions with responses within two business days.
Clinical Payment and Coding Policies: https://www.bcbsok.com/provider/standards/standards-requirements/cpcp
- Telemedicine and Telehealth Services – Effective 8/1/22
- Intraoperative Neurophysiology Monitoring (IONM) Coding and Reimbursement Guidelines
- Non-Reimbursable Experimental, Investigational and/or Unproven Services (EIU) – Effective 8/1/22
Medical Policy Reminder: Approved new or revised BCBSOK medical policies and their effective dates are posted on the BCBSOK Website the 1st and 15th day of each month.